Terms and Conditions
AGE REQUIREMENT AND DRIVERS LICENSE:
A full drivers license must have been held for at least 12 months and must be presented at the start of the rental.
Renter must be 20 years of age and 23 to rent a jeep.
CREDIT CARD IMPRINT:
All rentals are subject to the full rental agreement terms and conditions at the time of rental. A credit card imprint will be taken at the start of all rentals for security reasons, even when a voucher covers the cost of the rental. This credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges including extra insurance, parking fines, fuel, damages or any cost due to the rented car as a result of the renters use of the car. At the time of pick up you will be required to leave a deposit to cover the value of the insurance excess. The blocked/charged amount will be returned in full at the end of the rental if the vehicle is returned in the same condition as rented. Please note due to the foreign exhange rate and other possible banking charges the customer will have to take reponsibility for the possible expenses involved when the deposit/excess is charged/refund.
The minimum rental period is one day - 24 hours for rentals picked up and returned to the same location. When the drop is two hours or more after the pick up time, it is regarded as a full day. No refunds can be given for unused or partly used car hire vouchers, unless the cancellation or change has been made prior to your pick-up date.
PICK-UP & DROP-OFF SERVICE:
For customers arriving at Keflavik airport we offer pick-up and drop off and our shuttle will take you from the airport to our office at Vesturbraut 10 and it is about 4 min away from the airport. Upon clearing customs you will see an agent with our HASSO logo on a board. Please identify yourself to the agent.
We reserve the right to substitute vehicles when the reserved car types is not availble.
The rental car will have a full tank of fuel. The car should be returned full, otherwise a refuelling charge of 3.900 ISK will apply plus added fuel (will be charged on credit card).
Local value added tax (VAT) is 24 % and it is included in the price
In Iceland it is mandatory for young children to travel in safety seats while in a vehicle. Child seats are availble if pre-ordered. These child seats are generally suitable for children aged from 6 months to +4 years of age.
CANCELLATION AND RESERVATION POLICY:
In order to guarantee your reservation we require a valid credit card number and we do charge your credit card at time of booking. If you have a specific wish regarding payment please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you out. If you chancel 24 hours before pick up you get full refund. For no show there is no refund.
Third part liability is equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at each time. This also applies to the amount of individual driver liability. Third party coverage and personal accident insurance is automatically included in your rental unless renter decline our CDW.
COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW):
Included in prices is standart insurance (CDW) with excess for 358.000 ISK. The lessee can purchase separate accident insurance (SCDW) to lower the excess down to 176.000 ISK. This policy will specify the liability of renter in each instance of loss.
SCDW is available for 1.900 ISK pr day
This Collision Damage Waiver - CDW and SCDW does NOT cover:
- Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
- Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in safe manner.
- Damage due to race or test driving.
- Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest or riots.
- Damage done by animals.
- Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats.
- Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass, radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this.
- Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicles transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damage to the chassis resulting from scraping the bottom on rough roads as a result of ridges being left by the road graders; stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage occurring when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
- Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas.
- Damages caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater.
- Damage to vehicles caused by driving on roads marked with an F in public maps as well as driving on Kjölur (Road 35) or Kaldidalur (road 550)
- Lessors loss because of the vehicle being stolen.
- Water damage to the vehicle.
Insurance: Third party liability insurance shall be equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law each time. The lessee is totally responsible for any and all damage to the car. By purchasing Collision Damage Waiver - CDW the lessee can insure himself against the disbursement of the driver liability; the amount of the own-risk fee is according to lessor´s pricelist at given time and is also stated on the front side of this rental agreement. If lessee has already purchased CDW insurance he/she is able to purchase SCDW insurance and by doing so further lower the own-risk.
However, no insurance covers damages to the underside of the rented vehicle or damages due to driving through rivers or any kind of waterfall. CDW and SCDW do not cover such damages. Such damages are always the lessee’s full responsibility. Please see more about insurance in the articles here above.
GRAVEL PROTECTION (GP)
This protection covers headlights and the paint on the car when gravel or rocks get thrown on the vehicle by another car or while driving on gravel roads with 0 excess. Included in price is also front screen insurance with 30% excess. The gravel protection is available for ISK 1.500 per day.
THEFT PROTECTION (TP)
TP covers theft of retal vehicle with 324.000 ISK excess. TP is available for ISK 900,- per day.
SAND AND ASH PROTECTION (SAAP)
Insurance companies do not cover damage caused by ash- and sandstorm so the customer is fully responsible for those kind of damages. The renter is able to purchase Sand and Ash Protection (SAAP) to lower there self risk for caused by ash/sandstorm damaging the paint of the car, windows, lights and plastic. These damages can cost between 500.000 to 1.500.000 ISK to fix.
By purchasing SAAP the self risk in case of damage from sand and ash is lowered to 160.000 ISK. We offer the SAAP for 1,600 ISK per day.
Call 112. Break down service 24 hours tel: 0354 6618333
There is a handling fee of 5.000 ISK for all traffick fines, parking tickets or charges that result from renters use of the car and the renter does not pay himself. Hasso Car Rental will charge the renter for fines and charges plus the previously mentioned handling fee.
If car is returned extra dirty or if someone smoked inside the car , the renter will have to pay ISK 15.000 for cleaning fee.
EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE ON REQUEST:
Baby Seat 950 ISK pr day (insurance 15,000 Isk in case if lost or damaged)
Extra driver 800 ISK pr day
GPS system 1500 ISK- per day (insurance 20,000 Isk in case if lost or damaged)
Wifi connection with 5GB 1200 ISK pr day (insurance 22.000 ISK in case if lost or damaged)
Map of Iceland and Reykjavik are available free of charge at the rental location.
All personal information will be strictly confidential and will not be given or sold to a third party.
These Terms and Conditions are in accordance with Icelandic law.